Laura Snyder specializes in corporate structure and governance, contract analysis, preparation and negotiation, new market entries, multi-market product and service regulation, distribution, competition, concentrations and M&A.
She has accomplished 20 year career with leading law firms, multinational companies and international start-ups, her experience extending across Europe, the United States, the Middle East and Africa.
Representation and/or advising on:
- Development and implementation of legal strategy in support of business strategy;
- Entry into multiple new markets, notably Eastern Europe, the Caucasus, Central Asia, and sub-Saharan Africa;
- Commercial agreements, including: supply and distribution, agency, manufacturing, licensing, research and development, sponsorship, real estate and employment;
- A wide range of other matters: competition, intellectual property, product and service regulation and labeling, litigation, M&A;
Selected M&A projects:
- Acquisition by a multinational agricultural products company of various European and French seed businesses;
- Acquisition by an American packaging manufacturer of French, American and Finnish plastic film businesses;
- Acquisition by a UK electronics company of a French and Brazilian automotive control panel business;
- Acquisition by an American electronic and space technology company of a French postal automation business;
- Acquisition by a Russian wholesaler of a French machine tools business;
- Sale by a multinational paints, coatings and chemicals company of its European flat glass business;
- Sale by a French nuclear technology and services company of its compressor and steam turbine business;
- Sale by a UK engineering company of its European copper tube and fittings business;
- Sale by American multinational company of its French alarm and surveillance system business.
Lexleos - Founder
Herbalife Europe Ltd., Uxbridge (London), United Kingdom -
Senior Director, Counsel, EMEA
1996 - 2007
Winston & Strawn LLP (W&S SELARL), Paris, France - Associate
LeBoeuf, Lamb, Greene & MacRae, New York - Associate
21st Century Law Practice Summer Program in London, 2013.
TRIUM, Global Executive M.B.A., 2006.
Université Paris I (Panthéon Sorbonne). D.E.A., droit privé (private civil law), 1996.
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign. J.D., summa cum laude, 1994.
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign. B.A., cum laude with Highest Distinction, 1989
"GPs for Law - A Dose of Preventative Legal Medicine," Presentation to Reinvent Law London, 14 June 2013.
"Filling a Position of Corporate Governance in France: A Practical Introduction," Corporate Governance: The International Journal of Business in Society, Volume 7, Number 3, 2007.
“Acquiring a Business in France: A Buyer’s Guide,” The Business Lawyer, February, 2002.