Tamara has been a lawyer at MKD since 2005 with experience in Corporate Law, Communications, Banking and Finance. While retaining her position at MKD as of counsel, in 2014-2015 Tamara served as the Head of the Legal Department of Energotrans LLC – a state enterprise, owning the Georgian energy transmission infrastructure. At Energotrans Tamara provided strategic advice and direction from both legal and business perspective on critical corporate, regulatory and business initiatives. From September 2015, Tamara rejoined MKD on full-time basis.
Energy, Telecommunication, Corporate Law, Banking and Finance.
- Advising Rompetrol, a major Romanian company, on a range of legal issues related to setting up a regional network of oil delivery and supply infrastructure;
- Advising Capital Turbines Australia with regard to the Gardabani power plant construction;
- Advising the major investor in relation to acquisition of shares in Tbilgaz.
- Representing a major investment group in course of acquisition of Georgian United Telecommunication Company;
- Advising F Telecom in course of acquisition of shares in Intercity Telephone Communication Centre;
- Advising Vimpelkom on various issues in a Georgian based subsidiary;
- Representing VTEL Holding in course of acquisition of shares in local communication companies and various aspects of frequency licenses, transfer of licensing rights and obligations and regulatory matters;
- Advising NewsCorp. with regard to various issues related to operation a major local TV company.
- Advising RAKIA Group of UAE on various corporate matters;
- Advising SALFORD in course of implementing various regional projects;
- Advising Toyota Corporation in setting up a corporate presence for conducting Georgian operations;
- Representing Ascott International Management, Europe in course of various Georgian corporate law matters;
- Representing Knauf International GmbH on various matters;
- Representing Nokia Corporation for purposes of Georgian operations;
- Advising City Group for purposes of an equity transaction with respect to a major local brewery company;
- Advising Efes Breweries International N.V. in course of acquisition of a major brewery plant.
- Advising J.P. Morgan Securities on regulatory regime for issuing corporate bonds by a resident company in parallel with lending transaction;
- Advising NASDAQ OMX in course of entering Georgian securities market and related business regulatory issues;
- Advising the EBRD on loan and equity transaction in a major Georgian leasing company;
- Advising Société Générale S.A. on first major acquisition deal in the local banking industry;
- Advising NASDAQ OMX with regard to potential acquisition of shares in the Georgian Stock Exchange and regulatory aspects;
- Advising Bank Turan Alem on structuring and implementation of a range of bank finance transactions;
- Advising Cascade Group on application of banking regulations to a major banking acquisition deal.
Tbilisi State University, PhD Candidate
Tbilisi State University
Masters Degree in Law, 2005
Member of the Georgian Bar Association
Getting The Deal Through – Gas Regulation - Chapter on Georgia, Global Competition Review (2005, 2006, 2007)
Getting The Deal Through – Companies Regulation - Chapter on Georgia Global Competition Review 2007)
Georgian, English, Ukrainian, Russian