October 18, 2012
Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, on October 18 has nominated Bidzina Ivanishvili, the leader of the winning coalition of Georgian Dream, to the post of the Prime Minister of Georgia.
Pursuant to the Constitution of Georgia, B. Ivanishvili now has 10 days to propose a new Government to the President which has been done and respective nominees are:
- State Minister for European and Euro-Atlantic Integration, Vice Prime Minister – Aleksi Petriashvili ("Our Georgia - Free Democrats"
- State Minister for Reintegration – Paata Zakareishvili (Republican Party);
- Minister of Regional Development and Infrastructure and Vice Premier – David Narmania;
- Minister of Finance - Nodar Khaduri ("Georgia's dream - Democratic Georgia“ (GDDG);
- State Minister for Diaspora Issues - Kote Surguladze (OGFD);
- Minister of Education and Science - Giorgi Margvelashvili;
- Minister of Sports and Youth - Levan Kipiani (GDDG);
- Minister of the Environment - Khatuna Gogoladze;
- Minister of Economy and Sustainable Development - George Kvirikashvili;
- Minister of Energy and Natural Resources and Vice Prime Minister - Kakha Kaladze (GDDG);
- Minister of Defense and 1st Vice Prime Minister- Irakli Alasania (OGFD);
- Minister of Justice - Tea Tsulukiani (OGFD);
- Minister of Culture and Monument Protection - Guram Odisharia (GDDG);
- Minister of Internally Displaced Persons from the Occupied Territories, Refugees and Accommodation - David Darakhvelidze;
- Minister of Foreign Affairs – Maia Panjikidze (GDDG);
- Minister of Agriculture - David Kirvalidze (he held this post in 2001-2003);
- Minister of Interior Affairs– Irakli Garibashvili (GDDG);
- Minister of Labor, Health and Social Affairs - David Sergienko;
- Minister in charge of penitentiary system – Sozar Subari (GDDG).